NB! Please note that due to the current COVID-19 situation, this lecture series has been postponed until Autumn 2020. See the updated lecture schedule below.
All interested parties are warmly welcomed to a lecture series organised by Turku Collegium for Science and Medicine (TCSM) and Turku Institute of Advanced Studies (TIAS)! In the series, collegium researchers give lectures on on-going research at the University of Turku. The lectures are given at Turku City Library from March 3 to May 11.
In 2008, the University of Turku founded two research collegia: Turku Institute of Advanced Studies (TIAS) and Turku Collegium for Science and Medicine (TCSM). The goal of both collegia is to advance top-of-the-field research by supporting promising researchers at the early stages of their career, by creating a multi-disciplinary research community, and by being an interactive agent at the University.
This spring, a public lecture series at the Turku City Library offers a peek into the research conducted by collegia researchers. The subjects of the lectures range from the starry sky to human welfare, the wonders of nature and the super computers of the future.
TIAS has previously organised two lecture series at the City Library, in autumn 2018 and autumn 2019.
The spring 2020 lecture series is held at Turku City Library’s Studio (at Linnankatu 2) from 18:00 to 19:30. The lectures are open to all, and free of charge. Welcome!
Updated schedule for lecture series:
- Wed 7.10., FT Saara Nolvi, Researcher (TIAS), Department of Psychology and Speech-Language Pathology and Department of Medical Psychology, Charité Universitätsmedizin Berlin: Yksilölliset erot herkkyydessä ympäristölle – varhainen stressi, aivojen muovautuvuus ja lapsen kehitys
- Wed 14.10. FT Aino Kalske, Researcher (TCSM), Department of Biology: Kasvit puolustuskannalla - salakuuntelua ja kemiallisia aseita
- Mon 2.11. FT Matteo Rossi, Postdoctoral Researcher (TCSM), Department of Physics and Astronomy: The era of quantum technologies
- Mon 9.11., Adjunct Professor, LT, Teemu Niiranen, Collegium Researcher (TCSM), Department of Clinical Medicine: Kohonnut verenpaine – maailman johtava tautitaakan aiheuttaja
- Mon 16.11., KT Heta Tuominen, Collegium Researcher (TIAS), Department of Teacher Education: Oppimista vai suoriutumista? Motivaation ja hyvinvoinnin yhteydet lapsilla ja nuorilla
- Mon 23.11.. PhD Helena Duffy, Collegium Researcher (TIAS), School of History, Culture and Arts Studies: François Ozon's Frantz (2016): The Queering Potential of Heritage Cinema
- Mon 30.11. FT Lihua Sun, Postdoctoral Researcher (TCSM), PET Centre: Sunrise to sunset, daylength dances with the social brain
- Mon 7.12., PhD Nicolino Lo Gullo, Postdoctoral Researcher (TCSM), Department of Physics and Astronomy: Hot computing