Libraries Will Open on a Limited Basis from 16th of August 2021
All of the six library units in Turku as well as the Teacher Education Library in Rauma will be open with limited service hours until further notice for University staff and students with access rights.
Please contact library by email at email@example.com if you are not a student or personnel at Turku University and you have questions about library facilities and materials or your loans.
Library services during the exceptional circumstances are extended from August 16 onwards
Libraries are open for Turku University staff and students according to the limited service hours until further notice. Customer service is open in every unit and the collections, study areas and the 24/7 study rooms located inside the libraries can be used in accordance with opening hours.
In accordance with the University’s policies, the University buildings will be kept locked, but staff and students can access the buildings as well as the libraries with electronic tag during opening hours. For more information on access rights, see University intranet (requires logging in), or contact firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com.
The library will follow the University’s policies and ensures the safety of the library staff and the customers. The study spaces in use will be reduced so that safe distances can be observed. The number of customers will be limited to a maximum of 50 people per library unit.
If you have symptoms of a cold, influenza, or other infectious disease, do not come to campus.
The recommendation for using face masks is applied on all the campuses and units of the University of Turku. Face masks are always used in the University’s facilities, unless the person is alone in the space.
In use in the libraries for University staff and students with access rights
- Customer services (including Interlibrary services)
- Self-check-in and check-out
- Library collections and resources
- Normal loan periods, borrowing and reserving
- Multifunction printers for printing and scanning
- Study areas and the 24/7 study rooms located inside the libraries
- Some study spaces can be reserved beforehand to be used e.g. to study the cultural material (legal depository material). If you wish to reserve a study space, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
- For reservable workstations such as the digital archive, the radio and television archive, and microfilm readers, see library web pages.
- Raisio's Newspaper and Ephemera Services will take max. 2 people at a time with advance booking via email email@example.com.
- Special arrangements for those in at-risk groups, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Closed or not in use
- Some of the study rooms
- Meeting rooms, IT classroom Paasikivi
- Library’s loanable devices (laptops, tablets, calculators)
- Some of the computers and study spaces
Limited opening of the Library is based on the policies of the University. The controlled reopening of the Library’s facilities is flexible and the guidelines will be updated in accordance with the University’s guidelines.