Doctoral Programme on Educational Policy, Lifelong Learning and Comparative Education Research (KEVEKO)
Multidisciplinary Research on Education at All Levels and Forms - join our dynamic and international group of researchers.
Researchers at the Doctoral Programme on Educational Policy, Lifelong Learning and Comparative Education Research (KEVEKO) conducts research on multi-disciplinary aspects in a culturally diversified environment. KEVEKO provides high quality and comprehensive doctoral education under the guidance of distinguished professors and supervisors. Research support and various funding opportunities to internationalize various researches form the pillar of KEVEKO for a knowledge based professional programme.
Research themes of KEVEKO:
- comparative and international studies of education and education policy,
- studies equity and equality in education,
- studies of educational exclusion and educational transitions of young and young adults,
- studies of higher education and university institutions,
- studies of lifelong learning and working life,
- studies of special education and inclusiveness in schools.
The Doctoral Programme is closely linked to the research conducted at the Department of Education and the Centre for Research on Lifelong Learning and Education, CELE. KEVEKO also plays a cital role in the nationwide Finnish Multidisciplinary Doctoral Training Network on Educational Sciences (FinEd).
KEVEKO Contact Information
Director of KEVEKO:
professor Tero Järvinen
Coordinator of KEVEKO:
Coordinator Sanna Niukko
- Linda Hamoonga: funding period 1.3.2023-31.12.2024; supervisors Johanna Kallo, Heikki Silvennoinen, Taina Saarinen
- Mari Siipola: funding period 1.6.2023-31.12.2024; supervisors Piia Seppänen, Satu Koivuhovi, Juli-Anna Aerila
- Mervi Lahtomaa: funding period 1.1.-31.12.2024; supervisors Arto Jauhiainen, Nina Haltia
- Terhi Pasu: funding period 1.1.-31.12.2025; supervisors Piia Seppänen, Tero Järvinen
One doctoral researcher (funding period 1.6.2023-31.12.2024) didn't wish to be recognised in the webpage. In addition, 24 months in year 2025 and 24 months in year 2026 were saved for the next application round.
- Ezechukwu, Gabriel (Funded period: 1.1.–31.12.2022; Supervisors: Johanna Kallo and Arto Jauhiainen)
- Lahtomaa, Mervi (Funded period: 6 months in 2023; Supervisors: Arto Jauhiainen and Nina Haltia)
- Pasu, Terhi (Funded period: 1.1.2023-31.12.2024; Supervisors Piia Seppänen and Tero Järvinen)
In addition, 24 months in year 2024 and 12 months in year 2025 were saved for the next application round.
- Kim, Yoojin (Funded period: 1.1.-30.6.2021 and 1.1.–31.12.2022; Supervisors: Arto Jauhiainen, Tero Järvinen and Johanna Kallo)
- Heinonen, Marianna (Funded period: 6 kk vuonna 2022; Supervisors: Päivi Pihlaja and Riitta Viitala (JY))
- Kiesi, Iida (Funded period: 6 months in 2021 and 1.1.–31.12.2023; Supervisors: Piia Seppänen, Tuire Palonen and Sonia Lempinen)
- Lahtomaa, Mervi (Funded period:1.1.–31.12.2022 and 6 months in 2023 ; Supervisors: Arto Jauhiainen and Nina Haltia)
- Nivanaho, Nina (Funded period: 1.1.–31.12.2023; Supervisors: Piia Seppänen, Tero Järvinen and Sonia Lempinen)
In addition, 6 months in year 2023 and 24 months in year 2024 were saved for the next application round.
Steering Committee of KEVEKO for the period of 1.8.2023–31.7.2025:
Professor Tero Järvinen (UTU), Chair
Professor Ulpukka Isopahkala-Bouret (UTU), Vice Chair
Professor Piia Seppänen (UTU)
Professor Arto Jauhiainen (UTU)
Research Professor Taina Saarinen (JyU)
Assistant professor Minna Kyttälä (UTU)
Postdoctoral Researcher Nina Haltia (UTU)
Academy Research Fellow Johanna Kallo (UTU)
Doctoral Researcher Paulina Chavez Rodriquez (UTU)
Doctoral Researcher Jaakko Honkanen (UTU)
Chief Academic Officer Anne Niemimäki (UTU)
Coordinator Sanna Niukko (UTU), Secretary