Registration with the University for Postgraduate Education
Postgraduate education covers both licentiate and doctoral degrees. Licentiate in Medicine and Licentiate in Dentistry are master level degrees.
The right to pursue a licentiate or doctoral degree is issued by the faculty. The study right and registration with the University are entered into Nettiopsu (study register system) in the Student Centre Disco.
Accept the offered study place
- Accept the offered study place at Studyinfo service.
Register with the University via Oili registration service.
- Having accepted the study right on Studyinfo.fi, you will be redirected to the OILI enrolment service. However, you do not have to register as an attending student in the OILI enrolment service, as all new doctoral candidates are automatically registered as an attending student for the first academic year.
- If you do not begin your studies and want to register as non-attending please notice that you'll need to have a special reason:
- According to the Universities Act/Polytechnics Act, a first-year student may register as absent (non-attending) for the academic year for special reasons only.
- Required documents are mentioned in instructions for new Master's degree student.
When your registration is completed, you will receive an e-mail
- After your registration is completed and has been entrered into study reghister system, Peppi, you will receive information from the Student centre Disco.
- After that you can activate your UTU-account and order the student card (if you have joint the Student Union).
In the coming years you are to register according to the instructions for current licentiate and doctoral candidates.
All Bachelor's, Master's and PhD level students need to register with the University of Turku annually.
Registgration takes placew in Oili service https://oili.csc.fi
In the Oili registration service, enrollment is made on a per-right basis, in which case you can register separately as attending for one study right and non-attending for another.
You can also register for different statuses for the autumn and spring semesters (ie attendance / absence can be selected on a semester-by-semester basis)
Alternatively you may register by contacting the Student Centre Disco by e-mail disco[at]utu.fi. Please remember to tell you student number or Finnish ID code in your message to Disco.
The University of Turku does not offer registration services by phone.
Registration period for degree students is 1 June - 31 Aug
Registration period for the spring semester is 1 Dec - 15 Jan. (for the spring semester 2023 from 1 December 2022 to 15 January 2023).
This concerns only students who have first registered with the University only for autumn semester and who register separately for the spring semester.
You can't register before the registration period begins.
It is not possible to do the registration retrospectively either.
If you haven't been registered at all during the previous semester, you can not register in Oili but you have to contact Student Centre Disco firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Please remember to tell you student number or Finnish ID code in your message to Disco.
Student Union membership is voluntary for those completing postgraduate degree.
- If you want to join the Student Union you can pay the membership fee in Oili registration service during your university registration.
- If you join the Student Union, you can also get the student card.
- Sticker to an old card may be collected from the office of the Student Union.
- Check the student benefits at Student Union's website.