Supplementary studies after graduating at the University of Turku
According to Univeristy's regulations a student can continue supplementary studies after graduation.
The general regulations (Opintojohtosääntö, 5.1 §)
- A student who has completed a Master's degree at the University of Turku, or a Bachelor's degree whose completion does not entitle to studies leading to a Master's degree, has the right to supplement his/her degree for free during the same academic year and the two following academic years after graduation.
The validity for supplementary studies is defined in University regulations (Opintojohtosääntö)
- According to University regulations from 1 Aug 2018 the validity for supplementary studies is two total academic years.
- According to the old regulations the time was three academic years.
The validity depends on your graduation:
- If you have graduated 31 June 2018 or earlier your supplementary time is valid for three academic years
- If you have graduated 1 Aug 2018 or later your supplementary time is two academic years.
You can check the period for validity in Nettiopsu
- When you have registered for supplementary studies you can check the period of validity in Nettiopsu.
- When your study right for supplementary studies is about to end you'll receive e-mail from the student centre Disco. You can continue your studies as non-degree studies liable to charges.
For the first registration for supplementary studies please contact the Student Centre Disco via e-mail.
- In your message please tell us your student numer, name and that you'll register for supplementary studies.
- Please note that this university registration as attending student does not quarantee your access to all studies, it is advisible to contact the deparment before course enrollments.
It is possible to register for supplementary studies after your degree is visible in Nettiopsu.
- You will receive e-mail when your registration is valid.
- There is no registration period or re-registration fee for new supplementary studies because new study rights can be issued at any time during the academic year.
Later your registration will be added automatically in the Student Centre Disco within the valid of your study right.