Planning of the University of Turku Strategy 2021–2030
The next strategy period of the University of Turku is 2021–2030. The new strategy and its policy programmes are prepared during 2019.
Interaction and community involvement are core principles in the strategy process. The strategic planning is led by a steering group chaired by Rector Jukka Kola.
The University Board of the University of Turku approved the draft of the new strategy for 2021–2030 in its meeting on 13 December 2019.
The purpose of the Steering Group is to plan the preparation process of the University's strategy and policy programmes, to follow and oversee the realisation of the strategic planning process, to ensure that the University community and stakeholders are heard, to prepare the presentation and discussion materials related to the strategy to the University Board throughout the process, and to prepare the strategy and policy programme drafts for the Board's approval at the latest in February 2020.
Rector Jukka Kola
- Dean Markus Granlund, Turku School of Economics
- Assistant Professor Riku Kiviranta, Faculty of Medicine
- Chief Operating Officer Päivi Mikkola
- Director of Development Riitta Mustonen (Vice Chair)
- Communications Director Anne Paasi
- Vice Rector for Education Riitta Pyykkö
- Head of Faculty Development Eeva Rainio, Faculty of Medicine
- Chair Sini Saarinen, Student Union of the University of Turku
- Professor Suvi Salmenniemi, Faculty of Social Sciences
- Dean Jaakko Suominen, Faculty of Humanities
- Vice Rector for Research Kalle-Antti Suominen
The secretaries of the Steering Group are Head of Unit Jani-Matti Lehto and Development Specialist Ilona Tuominen.
The Steering Group invites more members if necessary.
The members of the University community can participate in the strategic planning in many ways: throughout the year, several community surveys will be conducted on the Viima platform. In addition to the surveys, the University organises events both for the entire community and more specific groups. During the strategic planning process, external stakeholders will be consulted, too.
The University community, both staff and students, can follow the progress of strategic planning and learn more about their opportunities to participate on the intranet pages on the planning process for Strategy 2021–2030 (log in with your UTU username).