The encouraging and ambitious International Programme approved by the University Board supports the implementation of actions related to internationality outlined in the University’s Strategy 2021–2030.
International collaboration is one of the most central ways to promote the University’s quality, increase productivity, and to enhance our impact. In the Programme, internationality covers all the University's basic missions – research, education, and activities related to societal interaction. It is not the purpose of the Programme to be an extensive listing of internationality at the University. Instead, it focuses on processes and themes which are highlighted at the University.
Similar to the Strategy of the University of Turku and its Policy Programme, the International Programme highlights active collaboration within the University as well with regional, national and international partners.
1. Ensuring internationally high-quality research and education
- Increasing international research and education funding
- Promoting systematic and economically responsible education
- Promoting careers of international students and doctoral candidates
2. Ensuring University's attraction
- Strategic support for University's internationalisation
- Increasing the international attraction and competitiveness of education
- Strengthening the attractiveness of research
- Strengthening interaction in education and research
- Developing global educational services
3. Strengthening partnerships that promote responsibility and sustainability
- Supporting international partnerships and networks
- University's role in carrying global responsibility and promoting sustainable development
4. Strengthening communality and multiculturalism
- Strengthening integration as a two-way process
- Building alumni relations that benefit all parties
- Responsible higher education institution services for SIMHE (Supporting Immigrants in Higher Education)
- Promoting the University's Language Policy