Libraries Will Open on a Limited Basis from 10th of August 2020
All of the six library units in Turku as well as the Teacher Education Library in Rauma will be open with limited service hours in August for University staff and students with access rights. Customer service is open in every unit and the collections, study areas and the 24/7 study rooms located inside the libraries can be used in accordance with the summer opening hours.
Library services during the exceptional circumstances are extended from August 10 onwards
In August, the libraries are open according to the summer opening hours. The autumn opening hours will be published later.
The library will follow the University’s policies and ensures the safety of the library staff and the customers. The study spaces in use will be reduced so that safe distances can be observed. The number of customers will be limited to a maximum of 50 people per library unit.
If you have symptoms of a cold, influenza, or other infectious disease, do not come to campus.
In accordance with the University’s policies, the University buildings will be kept locked, but staff and students can access the buildings as well as the libraries with electronic tag during opening hours. For more information on access rights, see University intranet (requires logging in), or contact firstname.lastname@example.org , email@example.com.
In use in the libraries:
- Customer services (including Interlibrary services)
- Self-check-in and check-out
- Library collections and resources
- Normal loan periods, borrowing and reserving
- Multifunction printers for printing and scanning
- Study areas and 24/7 study rooms located inside the libraries
- Some study spaces can be reserved beforehand to be used e.g. to study the cultural material (legal depository material). If you wish to reserve a study space, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
- For reservable workstations such as the digital archive, the radio and television archive, and microfilm readers, see library web pages.
- Raisio's Newspaper and Ephemera Services will take max. 2 people at a time with advance booking via email email@example.com.
- Special arrangements for those in at-risk groups, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Closed or not in use:
- Group study and meeting rooms, IT classroom Paasikivi
- Library’s loanable devices (laptops, tablets, calculators)
- Some of the computers and study spaces
Limited opening of the Library is based on the policies of the University. The controlled reopening of the Library’s facilities is flexible and the guidelines will be updated in autumn in accordance with the University’s guidelines.
Educarium collection point closed between August 5 and August 7 – the collection point shuts down, reservations are returned
The collection point is open until August for the University staff and students to reserve materials to be picked up.
The Educarium collection point is shut down on August 5
- The reserved books that have not been picked up until August 4 will be returned.
- The returns will be transferred back to their home libraries and are available for other customers.
The libraries are opened on August 10, after which books can be reserved and picked up following the normal procedures.
- Books in general collections can be reserved between July 31 and August 7 but they will not be transferred to Educarium.
- Books reserved after July 31 can be picked up from the library unit in which they belong.
- Course books that are available cannot be reserved after July 30.
For more information, please contact email@example.com