The International Advisory Board will act as the University Management’s partner in strategic discussions and exchange of ideas. The term of the newly appointed Advisory Board begins on 1 August 2022 and ends on 31 December 2023.
The University of Turku has established an International Advisory Board.
– The role of the International Advisory Board is to engage in a dialogue with us, offer advice, and particularly international perspectives for the development of the University’s research and education as well as societal interaction and impact. I wish to give my thanks for the high-quality, accredited group of experts who will participate in this – we are expecting the collaboration to be thought-provoking and inspiring, says Rector of the University Jukka Kola.
Director of Community Relations Leena Wahlfors and Head of International Affairs Irinja Paakkanen coordinated the preparations for the establishment of the Advisory Board.
– We have managed to assemble a group with not only scientific merits, but also excellent expertise and knowledge in the areas of international university and science policy, says Wahlfors.
The composition of the International Advisory Board
- Professor Eva Åkesson, University of Lund, Chair
- Professor Simone Buitendijk, Vice-Chancellor (President), University of Leeds
- Professor Yves Flückiger, Rector, University of Geneva
- Professor Alice Gast, President, Imperial College London (from 1 January 2023 onwards)
- Professor Stephan Schröder, Vice Rector, University of Cologne
- Professor Ludovic Thilly, Executive Vice-Rector, University of Poitiers
The International Advisory Board meets two to three times a year either through online connection or in Turku or elsewhere in Europe.