The TalkTogether seminar series is organised by the six strategic research and education profiles of the University of Turku. The theme of the series this year is Well-being.
The University of Turku emphasizes well-being as a cross-cutting theme in all its activities and it is one of the most central themes of the Strategy 2030.
Well-being is an important theme for all the six strategic research and education profiles and much of the research conducted within the collaborations aims to advance human or planetary well-being in some way.
Each strategic profile will host one seminar during the academic year, approaching the theme from their point of view.
Programme in 2023–2024:
- 2.10.2023 How to Live a Healthy Life?
Organised by Health, Diagnostics and Drug Development -strategic profile
- 26.10.2023 From global ecological crisis towards multispecies well-being
Organised by Biodiversity and Sustainability -strategic profile
- 30.11.2023 Maritime Horizons: Charting the Future Towards Sustainable Seas. Organised by Sea and Maritime Studies -strategic profile
- 29.02.2024 Well-being of Children - Tackling Inequalities. Organised by Children, Young People and Learning -strategic profile
- 21.03.2024 Seminar organised by Cultural Memory and Social Change -strategic profile
- 18.04.2024 Seminar organised by Future Technologies and Digital Society -strategic profile
After the programme there will be time for networking and coffee at the lobby area.
All seminars will be held in English and they are open to anyone interested!
TalkTogether -series is organised by the six strategic research and education profiles.
The six strategic profiles represent the strengths in research and education at the University of Turku. These thematic profiles advance multidisciplinary research and education and strengthen internal collaboration at the University. They create platforms for networks, research and business collaboration, innovations, and strategic partnerships.
Join our network and be the first to know when a new event is coming up!