Doctoral Programme in Nursing Science - for the Doctoral Candidate
DOCTOR OF HEALTH SCIENCES
Doctor of Health Sciences degree consists of
- postgraduate studies 40 ECTS
- general studies 5–15 ECTS
- research method training 5-20 ECTS
- research field specific studies 15–30 credits ECTS
- a doctoral thesis and a public defence of the doctoral thesis 200 ECTS.
The main subject is nursing science.
Courses are provided e.g. by:
- Doctoral Programme in Nursing Science (DPNurs)
Courses in the Spring 2021:
Courses are also provided by
- Finnish Doctoral Education Network in Nursing Science
- Faculty of Medicine Postgraduate Education Unit (PGE)
- University of Turku Graduate School (UTUGS)
- International networks
Also study attainments (courses, seminars) organized by other parties (e.g. other universities, Open University, scientific associations) may be approved as postgraduate studies.
APPLYING FOR STUDY CREDITS
Attendance to postgraduate courses, scientific seminars, conferences etc. which are not automatically marked in the study register can be accepted as part of your postgraduate studies with an electronic form which you find in UGIS portal.
> UGIS portal -> Links -> Apply for study credit / Yksittäisen opintosuorituksen hyväksyntä
Seminar dates Spring 2021 (will be organised remotely via Zoom)
The programme of the seminar days:
10.15-11.00 the presentation for all seminar groups
11-16 seminar groups (Note: Sanna's and Anna's group will start at 12.00, Maritta's group will start at 9.00)
21.1. (NOTE! Helena's and Mari's group will meet 28.1.2021 at 10.15-16 instead of 21.1.)
Seminar instructions and Zoom links are on the Moodle area of postgraduate studies. There you can also return your seminar papers, book a seminar time and inform if you can't attend the seminar.