To create a new generation of global nursing researchers through doctoral and post doctoral education
To develop a collegial network of scholars, researchers, and students for long term, sustainable collaborations to share innovative and effective ways to study nursing, care giving, and health promotion from an international perspective.
The summer school is arranged around five major themes:
- Theoretical framework of research
- Methodological framework of research
- Ethical issues in health sciences research
- Scientific writing
- International networking in research
To apply for The ICoNS Summer School you must be:
- a doctoral candidate at one of the Universities participating in the ICoNS summer school program
- at an early or middle stage of doctoral studies in nursing science
- able to understand and speak English to a doctoral scientific standard
A maximum of 2-4 doctoral candidates will be accepted from each participating University. At the completion of the PhD program those who have successfully participated will receive a certificate of training on international nursing research.
The Summer School is free of charge. There is no registration fee. Accommodation and travelling are self-funded.