UTU Account and Password
In addition, you can access several services offered by other higher education institutions by signing in using HAKA.
The UTU account is personal and the related password must never be given to anyone else. Even the IT Services never asks for anyone’s password.
The UTU account is created automatically for personnel and students, others must apply for it. The account is activated at https://idm.utu.fi/utu_idm/index_en.html. By activating your user account, you agree to comply with the IT Rules and Rules of IT Service Use that you will get to read before activating the account.
UTU account for different user groups
- The user account is created automatically with approximately one day’s delay after the employment contract has been registered in the personnel register.
- If the person in question already has a student’s or visitor’s UTU account, the same account will be complemented with personnel’s rights.
- The prerequisite for getting a student’s user account is enrolment as either attending or non-attending student at the University of Turku for the ongoing term.
- After the beginning of the term, the user account is created automatically with approximately one day’s delay after the enrolment has been transferred into the student register.
- The prerequisite for a valid Open University student’s user account is a valid right to study at the Open University.
- The account is created with approximately one day’s delay after the approval of the right to study has been registered in the Open University’s student register.
- More information on the Open University webpages.
When you need to apply for an account for someone who does not get it automatically, such as
- visiting teacher, researcher, and professor
- a person working with project funding
- part-time hourly-paid teacher and substitute
- a person performing non-military service and intern
- employee of a partner organisation (Migration Institute of Finland, Hospital District, Student Union of the University of Turku, Turku University Foundation etc.)
Union of the University of Turku, Turku University Foundation etc.)
Members of personnel may apply for a fixed-period UTU account for visitors, interns, and partners. The supervisor supports the applying and makes sure that the account is used according to the rules.