Three minutes to present the main points of your research as compellingly as possible. The 3MT competition developed at the University of Queensland challenges 10 doctoral candidates from the University of Turku to show what they got. Join the virtual event via Zoom on Wednesday 17 March at 12.00–14.00 and vote for your favourite presenter.
As opposed to previous years, the event will be organised on Zoom as a webinar. The audience will be able to simultaneously see the presenter and their slide which summarises the three-minute presentation. After the final presentation, the audience will have a chance to choose their favourite by voting.
- Minna Laukkavirta — Doctoral Programme in Clinical Research (DPCR): Patient injuries in vascular surgery
- Nasrin Shahedifar — Doctoral Programme in Clinical Research (DPCR): Fitness to Drive Safely after Traumatic Brain Injury
- Säde Stenlund — Doctoral Programme in Clinical Research (DPCR): Health Behavior Predicts Life Satisfaction and Vice Versa
- Mahdi Moghaddam — Doctoral Programme in Physical and Chemical Sciences (PCS): How giant batteries with fun-size particles can help the world?
- Tanja Sjöros — Doctoral Programme in Clinical Research (DPCR): Step up for your health!
- Alireza Zamani — Doctoral Programme in Biology, Geography and Geology (BGG): Discovering the unknown: diversity and conservation of spiders in the heart of the Middle East
- Tatsiana Auchynnikava — Drug Research Doctoral Programme (DRDP): Theranostics - predicting the outcome of anticancer therapy
- Felix Vaura — Doctoral Programme in Clinical Research (DPCR): Untangling hypertension
- Tuulia Malén — Doctoral Programme in Clinical Research (DPCR): The Goal Factory
- Sachin Kochrekar — Doctoral Programme in Physical and Chemical Sciences (PCS): Carbon dioxide to fuel
The winner and the next representative of the University of Turku in the Coimbra Group’s international 3MT competition of European universities will be selected by a panel of judges consisting of Director of the Centre for Language and Communication Studies Mike Nelson, Professor of Sociology Suvi Salmenniemi, and University Lecturer Veli-Matti Vesterinen from the Department of Chemistry.
The audience will also have a chance to choose their favourite.
The winner and runner-up as well as the favourite of the audience will receive a grant for their research expenses.
The winner will represent the University of Turku in the 3MT competition organised by Coimbra Group. Coimbra Group is an association of long-established and esteemed European multidisciplinary universities of high international standard committed to creating academic and cultural ties between universities. Its aim is to promote, for the benefit of its members, internationalisation, academic collaboration, excellence in learning and research, and service to society. In Finland, its member universities include the University of Turku and Åbo Akademi University. The association consists of altogether 39 member universities.
>> Join the virtual event and vote for your favourite
>> 3MT competition at the University of Turku