The University of Turku participates in the International Data Week by organising data-related webinars and discussion sessions on 23-27 October 2023.
The University of Turku participates in the International Data Week in October. During the week, there will be webinars for staff and students in Zoom, as well as Friday morning coffees in the entrepreneurship space Konttori.
International Data Week Programme at the University of Turku:
Blog post in the Open Science blog by Jukka Rantasaari: “Maybe I should share my research data"
The blog post will be published on October 23 in the open science blog:
At 14-15 webinar: Vinkkejä opinnäytetyön aineiston käsittelyyn kandi- ja graduvaiheen opiskelijoille (only in Finnish) (topic: Tips for processing thesis material for bachelor and master students)
Hanna Kemppi, Lassi Toppinen (university library)
How do you keep your thesis materials in order and store them safely? What should be taken into account if the material you collect contains personal data? Welcome to the webinar organized by the library to hear and discuss the basics of material management needed to do bachelor's and master's theses! The language of the event is Finnish. Pre-registration is not required.
>> Link to the webinar (Zoom), Meeting ID: 676 6941 6302
At 13-14 webinar: Researchers tell about their research data (part of the programme in Finnish and part in English)
- Historiallisista kartoista ja asiakirjoista tietokannoiksi (in Finnish) (From historical maps and documents to databases)
Kirsi Laine, PhD, Postdoctoral Researcher, Archaeology and Finnish History
- Human Diversity konsortion aineistojen ja infrasuunnitelmien esitys (in Finnish) (Presentation of Human Diversity consortium materials and infrastructure plans)
Heidi Viitaniemi, PhD, Project Specialist, Department of Biology
- Open research methods and data interpretation (in English)
Leo Lahti, Professor, Data Analytics, Department of Computer Science
- questions and discussion
- >> Link to the webinar (Zoom), Meeting ID: 681 1727 1134
At 10-11 webinar: What is the new UTU Data Catalog and how to use it? (in English)
- What is the UTU Data Catalog?
Elina Mäntylä, Development Specialist, FT, Innovation Services
- How to use the Data Catalog
Juho Savela, Information System Architect, Digital Services
- Experiences of using the INVEST Data Catalog
Simo Arhippainen, Doctoral Researcher, INVEST Research Flagship Centre
- questions and discussion
- >> Link to the webinar (Zoom), Meeting ID: 629 2692 6704
9:00-11:00 Breakfast event at the entrepreneurship space Konttori: research data in cooperation with companies (in Finnish)
- Datan yhteishyödyntäminen tutkimushankkeissa: case IoT-pilotit kotimaisissa pk-yrityksissä
- Mikko Vermanen, IT Service Architect, Digital Services
The event is open to anyone interested. The language of the event is Finnish and English. No registration required. Konttori is located at Hämeenkatu 9 (at the corner of Kerttulinkatu and Hämeenkatu).
International Data Week is a theme week organised by Committee on Data (CODATA), the World Data System of the International Science Council (ISC) and the Research Data Alliance (RDA). The main event of this week will be held in Salzburg on 23.-26.10.