Library Will Open and Expand Its Services from the Beginning of June
From the 1st of June, limited library services will be opened to students and staff of the University of Turku on a prior reservation basis. Educarium's collection point for reserved material will also serve the university community during the summer.
The return of library services will be implemented gradually to best ensure the safety of customers and staff. To establish a safe workspace, the number of people within the premises at the same time will be limited, as the university will adhere to a gathering limit of ten people.
The expansion of services will improve the availability of printed materials from the 1st June onwards
In June and July, library services will be available to University of Turku students and staff as follows:
- The opening hours of Educarium's collection point for reserved material will change. The collection point will be open Mon 9-18 and Tue-Fri 9-16.
- Materials used on the library's premises can be read in the Educarium library on weekdays 9-16
- max. 6 people at a time with prior reservation via e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org
- max 2 h/customer/day, times 9-11, 11.30-13.30 and 14-16
- Electronic theses with restricted access can be accessed on the UTUPub terminal in the Educarium library on weekdays 9-16 (one person at a time with prior arrangement via e-mail email@example.com.
- Teutori's workstation for cultural material can be accessed by one person at a time on weekdays 9-16 by booking in advance via e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Raisio's Newspaper and Ephemera Services will be open Mon-Fri 9-15 (closed 13th - 19th July) (max. 2 people at a time with advance booking via email email@example.com).
- Returns can be mailed to the library, see mailing address
- Feeniks Library Research Rooms are available to those researchers who have reserved them.
Educarium's collection point for reserved material will operate in the summer
In Turku, the collection point for Educarium's reserved material will be open during the summer. For more detailed opening hours and operating instructions.
The collection point for reserved material in Rauma will be closed from midsummer onwards.
Online services and e-resources will work normally
The library's e-resources are available to all university students and staff remotely with University of Turku login and password, regardless of your location. You can find e-materials in the Volter database.
The guides will help you use the library's electronic services and materials
When the libraries are closed, you can contact us electronically at firstname.lastname@example.org or via chat, and by phone during working days from 9-16 by calling +358 46 922 4648.
The situation in autumn will be announced later
The possible expansion of using the library facilities and services from the 10.8. onwards will be announced in early August. We will update the library's page with current information about the library's services during these exceptional times.