The Doctoral Module of InFLAMES Flagship (Innovation Ecosystem based on the Immune System) offers immunological and immunology-related education to Flagships's Doctoral Reseachers. This page contains up-to-date information regarding the contents, completion and application process of the Doctoral Module.
Doctoral Module is a part of the Academy of Finland funded InFLAMES Flagship, organized by the University of Turku, Åbo Akademi University, Turku University Hospital, the City of Turku and the collaborating companies. The goal of the InFLAMES Flagship is to be an internationally recognized hub of immunological research and product development.
InFLAMES Doctoral Module
The InFLAMES Doctoral Module is aimed for the Doctoral Researchers of InFLAMES-affiliated supervisor in the fields of immunology, immunology-based drug development and/or diagnostics. Doctoral Researchers of the Åbo Akademi University can also complete the Doctoral Module.
The InFLAMES Doctoral Module provides advanced education in immunology and immunology-related areas and aims to prepare the participants for both academic and business career paths. The size of the Doctoral Module is 15 ECTS credits. Doctoral Researchers are granted a diploma upon the completion of module.
InFLAMES Doctoral Module participants can also apply for InFLAMES-dedicated UTUGS funded Doctoral Researcher positions in addition to normal Doctoral Programme funded positions.
InFLAMES Flagship home page >>
Applying for the Doctoral Module
Doctoral Researchers of the FINDOS, DRDP, TuDMM, DPCR and DPT Doctoral Programmes in the fields of immunology, immunology-based drug development and/or diagnostics whose supervisor belongs to the InFLAMES Flagship can apply for Doctoral Module. A list of the InFLAMES PIs can be found at the InFLAMES website.
In order to apply for Doctoral Module, please contact InFLAMES Research Coordinator Sampo Koivunen (sampo.koivunen[at]utu.fi)
InFLAMES-allocated Funded Doctoral Researcher Positions
Doctoral Researchers of InFLAMES Doctoral Module can apply for InFLAMES-specific allocated UTUGS funded positions. These position are available only to Doctoral Module participants and can be applied in addition to Doctoral Programme funded positions. The application period is in autumn together with the UTUGS funded positions.
InFLAMES-targeted funded Doctoral Researcher positions are granted based on the evaluations from the Doctoral Programmes after the Doctoral Programme specific positions.
Structure of the Doctoral Module
The size of the module is 15 ECTS credits. The module consists of multiple submodules with variable depth. The students of the module are free to compile their preferred 15 ECTS credit selection of studies from the submodules.
The submodules include for example lecture courses, seminars, method studies, communication training, career guidance and education by the Flagship professors of practice. More details of the education offered by the InFLAMES Doctoral Module will be available on this page and the individual pages of the submodules.
Planned Submodules of the Doctoral Module
- IFDM1003-3001 InFLAMES Professional Development (1 ECTS) (info) (study guide)
- IFDM1002-3001 Business, Innovation & Market Access - Pharma Market and Value of Medicines (1-2 ECTS) (info), (study guide)
- IFDM1001-3001 Presentation and Communication Skills – Essential Tools and Tips (1 ECTS) (info) (study guide)
- Publishing Education (1 ECTS)
- General lecture series (1 ECTS)
- IFDM2004-3001 InFLAMES Flow Cytometry Theory, Online Course (more info coming later)
- IFDM2002-3001 InFLAMES Flow Cytometry Practical Training (1 ECTS) (On week 18, study guide)
- Immunohistology Course, organized in Spring 2023 (2 ECTS, more info coming later)
- Imaging Immunology (1-2 ECTS)
- Monthly InFLAMES Flagship Seminars
- Inside Industry InFLAMES Seminars
- Immunology Seminar Series
- Prospects of Infections and Immunity
- Frontiers of Science seminars
- Seminar Series of Infections and Immunity
- Basic Immunology 2 ECTS (info)
- Advanced Immunology 2 ECTS (info) (study guide)
- Annual Student Seminars
- Annual InFLAMES Seminar
- Journal clubs hosted by InFLAMES visiting professors and others